Raspberry Pi reaches all walks of life. Something good to share about it is all can do cool raspberry pi projects. Including raspberry pi server projects. Here are two raspberry projects that you can do yourself at home.
AFP is Apple Filing Protocol. It is Apple’s network protocol for sending files over the network. Your Raspberry Pi can provide the file with the help of ‘Netatalk’ software. This software implements the AFP protocol at the server level. All you need is:
- Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 or B+ model with installed operating system
- Micro SD Card 8GB+ for all raspberry models above
- External hard drive
- Wifi Dongle
How could you do it?
- First, install the Netatalk to your Raspberry Pi.
- Then, modify ‘AppleVolumes.deafult’ in HOME directory.
- Next, continue the Netatalk configuration according to the instructions that are running.
- Retrieve the IP address specified for your Raspberry Pi.
- Connect AFP to your Raspberry Pi to Mac OS X. Don’t miss to type afp://(your Raspberry IP address number) into the input box. Then, you can click CONNECT.
Raspberry Pi Security With Fail2ban
This software is very important especially for those of you who have a web server that is publicly accessible. This software can block dangerous connection to your Raspberry Pi. The way Fail2ban works is to scan log files continuously and find unusual activities such as password input failures. An IP address that might attack your server will be blocked by a firewall update that is automatically carried out by this software.
All you need to do this raspberry pi server projects is:
- Raspberry Pi 2, or 3 or B+ model
- Ethernet Cord
- Power supply
- USB keyboard
It is easy to instal this software to protect your Raspberry Pi from harmness. Just like another software you had ever instal.
So, do you have other raspberry pi server projects in the future?